Wednesday 1 December 2010

Publication of Hidden blade plans v.1.2.2

Today marks the first publishing of any actual content, i.e. Prototype plans for the hidden blade (v.1.2.2), available in a single sheet and in A4 size, formatted for printing (pages one and two). This design has not yet been built even at the proof-of-concept phase, and does not contain the plans for the activation/retraction mechanism.

Please comment if you have noticed that the designs omit a vital element.

Many thanks.

NOTICE: The Ezio Costume Project and/or its contributors do not accept any liability, blame, or moral/legal responsibility with what you do with these designs. We do not advise building them. Built versions of these designs could be categorized as flick-knives or switch-blades, which are illegal in many countries.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have a site that may help with ideas to get a working hidden blade:
    http://sinza.forumotion.com/

    Also, are you planning on constructing Ezio's outfit from brotherhood? I like the length of the tunic in that more than ACII.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for commenting. The plans are indeed closely inspired by plans I found on that forum, which I adapted to reduce friction and to achieve the length and look of Ezio's blade. I realise that the plans aren't the easiest to interpret, so I'll be posting a more comprehensive set of instructions in the near future, when I get some free time.

    Neither me nor Pomarine, my collaborator, are particularly enamoured with Ezio's Brotherhood outfit, so we don't currently have any plans for that - sorry. It's possible that we'll do patterns for Ezio's 'young nobleman' waistcoat, but that's in the far future, like space elevators and evidence-based government.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
All content on this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.